Finding the perfect cut of steak is easy with the extensive menu at Strega Prime. Cooked to order and served with a variety of sauces to complement each cut, the steak by itself is delicious enough to be a meal. But of course, adding a side dish or two with the perfect glass of wine never hurts. These are some of the best side dishes to pair with steak to complete your meal.
Steak and potatoes are a classic combination. Knowing how to expertly transform potatoes into a wonderful side dish is a job that many struggles with, but the chef at Strega Prime has it mastered.
- Whipped Yukon potatoes – this side is a fluffy and flavorful addition that won’t overpower the steak.
- Bacon and cheese potato – a classic combination, bacon, potatoes, and cheese, makes for a side anyone will love.
- Butternut squash and sweet potato puree – this side combines the natural sugary flavors of sweet potato with the savory notes of butternut squash into a one of a kind puree.
If the starch found in a potato is too heavy for your taste, another vegetable side is a great option. Locally sourced, fresh vegetables prepared with the right combination of seasonings will complement any steak wonderfully.
- Grilled asparagus and Maldon sea salt – grilled asparagus creates a smoky and savory flavor. When combined with Maldon sea salt, this veggie side is unmatched.
- Bacon and cider Brussel sprouts – who says Brussel sprouts can’t be delicious? Prepared with bacon and flavorful cider, these are Brussel sprouts like you’ve never seen them before.
- Creamed spinach – creamed spinach may not be the healthiest vegetable side, but the taste is exceptional. Creamed spinach is often paired with more delicate cuts of steak including the filet mignon.
Steak deserves a side that can compete with the flavor, without overpowering it. Savory sides will create a filling and decadent dining experience with any steak you choose.
- Exotic mushroom risotto – creating the perfect risotto is no easy task, but when it’s done correctly, it creates a texture and flavor palate unlike any other.
- Mac and cheese – this may seem like a stereotypical savory side, but it’s stood the test of time for a reason. At Strega Prime, our chefs amplify mac and cheese far beyond the traditional recipe in a way that’s sure to impress. Savory, classic, but extremely unique.